First book for book club?

Saturday, October 30, 2010

We've been planning on starting a book club when we get back to the UK (this Saturday!) and, after much deliberation and umming and uhhing, I think I've finally found our first book:

Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale.






















It has a beautiful cover, and it seems to meet all of our criteria:
- easy to read
- contemporary
- not overly complicated or steeped in literary theory
- not Lord-of-the-Rings thick
- not something I've taught previously :)

I'm trying to find out about Book Club discounts at Waterstone's or other book shops - it could be promising. Also, I'm struggling with the idea of owning two copies of the books we read for book club, although I guess we can always donate our additional copy to a library, charity or even to someone else who likes to read. Hm.

@ Wendy: You should join us - Skype in, or we can correspond in bloggerings?

You Might Also Like

0 comments