Gratitude Journal, Day Sixteen

Wednesday, October 23, 2013


And then, all of a suddenly, it was Autumn.

Today, I had a quiet moment in the park as I walked home from the shop. I don't have to go through the park to get home - in fact, it's quite a bit quicker to skip it - but it's a walk I've come to love, even though the park is always full to capacity with children, lunching pensioners, parents pushing prams and uniformed kids pushing past you to get to the bus stop on either end of the pathways.

But, today, for a split second the park in front of me was empty of people, the noise was gone, and the traffic subsided. I stopped to take a quick picture and appreciate the falling leaves, the orange leafy carpet along the pathway, the sunshine bursting through the trees. And then, a car hooted, a bus honked and pushed past, and someone rushed past.

It's Autumn.

You Might Also Like

2 comments