Gratitude Journal. Day one.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

This weekend, my amazing mother-in-law encouraged us to start writing a gratitude journal. Once a day, she said, the two of us should be writing down five things that we're thankful for.

It can be a thought, something simple, an idea. Anything. Focusing on the positive will change the way you think. I've decided to accept the challenge, but with one thing a day for the next month, which I'll share with you here. Who knows - it might make all the difference. Changing all the can'ts into cans and the wont's into wants.

It's quite a big commitment, once-a-day-positive-thinking.


Here's today's thought. Today I am grateful for flowers, and for colour. Even when you're glum and feeling low, they continue to open up and bloom into velvety folds of rich, deep colour. They carry on, even if you can't.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Your mother-in-law sounds like a very intelligent woman! I am a big fan of gratitude journals as well and have found myself thinking a lot more optimistically after I started keeping one. I commend you on challenging yourself to come up with something for every day of October! I think by the end of the month you'll end up finding it to be something you not only enjoy, but look forward to doing. I recently joined a new website called thankaday.com that encourages it's users to make this ritual a part of their every day lives. You can basically upload what you are thankful or each day as a status and a community of another 'thankers' can like and comment on your post. It's very encouraging, and as gratitude is a social emotion it gets contagious as well. I think this is something you might really like--you should definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,

      Thanks for stopping by! My mother-in-law is amazing, I am so lucky to have her around. I love the gratitude journal, it has really changed the way that I think – and especially the way that I “automatically” see things. It has made a great impact. I love the idea of “thankaday” – I’ve had a quick look at it, but will follow up soon when I have more time. That is a project I could really get involved with :D Thanks for the link.

      Have a great week ahead!
      Stacey

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your lovely comments! I will reply to you as soon as I can by email, or here if you are a no-reply-blogger. x