Goodbye, 2012...

Monday, December 31, 2012

It's all very festive in London at this time of year.


There are lights, there are trees, there are giant baubles.


There are even reindeer, if you know where to look.


And so, with Liberty's gold paperchains, and a bevvy of festivity, we say goodbye to 2012. It's been real, yo.


And next year is going to be amazing. 2013 is a year of possibility. It's a year of bouncing back. It's a year of things improved, and targets achieved. For me, 2012 was a year of progress and process: a means to an end. While we enjoyed and appreciated every day, I always knew it was a way forward towards something else.


And, as a final goodbye, 2012 (in exactly the fashion I'd expect from such a year) has left me with a bit of a sniffle. As I write, I'm sipping on Lemsip. With every slurped sip, my face involuntarily shapes-shifts, like I'm making my way through a bag of sour sweets.


... but that's okay. Tomorrow is a new day, a new year, and it's the start of a lot of amazing things. The last day of the year is supposed to be a day of resolutions. What are your resolutions? This year I plan to sew more, and to learn how to properly sew clothes (starting with a dress for me!). This year, I plan to do more and spend fewer late nights at the computer working. This year, I want to see Venice.

And so, until tomorrow - goodbye, 2012.

You Might Also Like

0 comments