Miss Maggie Rabbit: Felt

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

A little package popped through my post box on Saturday Morning. 


Aha! From The Eternal Maker. It was the felt I had ordered for Miss Maggie Rabbit.


The had called ahead to let me know that sandstone was out of stock. I had looked high and low to find that particular shade of woolfelt (specified as a necessity in the pattern), and it was the only place that had it in stock. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. I spent around ten minutes on the phone to Daisy from ETM trying to find a suitable alternative for Miss Maggie Rabbit. Would she be haybale or cobblestone?

Daisy was very helpful. There were far too many options.

When I think about bunnies, they're always brown or grey. Cobblestone bunnies? Oh, why not. That's cobblestone in that picture, up there. It's a browny colour, with a decidedly yellowish undertone. Not keen on Yellow.


And this. Oh, this is a lovely colour. It's Havana Gold. It's a wonderful bronze brown with flecks of dark chocolate running through it. It is for Miss Maggie's Boots.

Bunnies in Boots.

A real Easter Treat.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing this. I have quite a soft spot for this rabbit - really - though I didn't realise she was quite so tall. I can think of a few wee ones who might love her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're SO your colours - lovely heathery, tweedy felt. She's very nearly finished, and quite lovely. There may have to be more :)

      Delete
  2. would it help to know that none of my four bunnies is grey, or brown really. One is honey coloured, one is white, one is black and the other is white with brown markings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how WONDERFUL! I love the sound of your bunnies, what an amazing family they must make! I couldn't stop chuckling when I read your comment - *honey* coloured bunnies definitely sound the best!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your lovely comments! I will reply to you as soon as I can by email, or here if you are a no-reply-blogger. x