Yarny goodness through the post

Wednesday, July 20, 2016


I do most of my shopping online; if I can avoid the shops, I will. But there's something different about yarn. You don't get to feel the yarn and imagine what it might be to work with. You don't get to see the real colours up-close. You don't get the same kind of enthusiastic customer service from fellow yarn addicts.

But. Getting to a yarn shop with a toddler and a baby was just not an option for me, and I have things to make! And of course, nothing in my enormous yarn stash was quite right for the projects I had in mind.

So, let me tell you how wonderfully impressed I am with the folks at Wool Warehouse who were so organised and helpful. I contacted them to ask a question and they responded immediately, were amazingly helpful, and prompt. My yarn arrived the next day, all beautifully packaged in a project bag (bonus) and organised by colour.


I'm really pleased and will definitely be ordering more from them soon - not least of all because I've already used up all of this fantastic cotton yarn and have about a billion ideas in mind for the next projects. So much to do, so little free time. 

For those of you in the UK, Wool Warehouse is online at http://www.woolwarehouse.co.uk/. They also seem to have a real bricks-and-mortar shop too, but I've never been there. I've only just read their story online (http://www.woolwarehouse.co.uk/about-us) and like them even more: independent retailers need all the support they can get! They get a big thumbs up from me. 

Also, the yarn is Drops Love You 5. I really like this cotton yarn! I'll tell you more about it when I show you photos of what I made.

You Might Also Like

0 comments