I'm back! And a birthday

Friday, June 28, 2013


We've moved, and the internet has finally been connected up. I'm back online! I have really only missed the internet because I work online... but it's nice to have that information-at-your-fingertips superpower on call again.


And, because it was my birthday in all of this moving-and-internettlessness, I baked a few cakes. There was a chocolate coffee cake. 


A carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.


Baklava Cheesecake, which I made using this recipe from Sprinklebakes.


Date and caramel scones.


Prepping for the Pumpkin Pie.


And why not? Sourdough sandwiches.

I may have gone too far.


I got this fresh mint in a fabulous food-swap we had at the East End Women's Institute and made up a batch of delicious fresh mint and chocolate ice cream in my amazing new ice cream maker (birthday present!).


It was at this point that I realised I had made far too much food. Luckily, we had people popping in and out all day and there was plenty of tea and cake to be had! It turns out that my oven may be small, but it works just fine.


All in all, a successful birthday. We still have boxes everywhere. We desperately need to unpack, but work has accumulated and the deadlines are stacking up on top of each other. Work first, play (unpack) later. Sigh.


And in all of this chaos, I've made a teensy weensy bit of time for knitting. It's that late at night time when you're too tired to figure out what's going where, and all you want to do is put your feet up with a cup of tea and admire your pretty yarn. I can't find anything in all these boxes, but thankfully I had enough foresight to carry the knitting by hand in the car during the move along with the glass delicates and sourdough starter - I've clearly got my priorities sorted out here.

You Might Also Like

3 comments