Wednesday WIP: Up and Away Cross-Stitch

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

There hasn't been much crafting here at Bakercourt this week. My mother-in-law is visiting from South Africa and we've spent most of our time scooting around Oxford, London and Hobbycraft.


















Here's my progress on the Up and Away Cross Stitch project. Just so you know, I carefully measured out the height of the canvas, and it looks like we're going to be A-Okay for the top of the balloon. It is going to just fit in with a few of those lovely beams of blue which decorate the background. Great!

















In other crafty news, Hobbycraft were having a 3 for 2 sale on felt so I stocked up on a few of my favourite colours as I prepare for pre-Christmas Etsy launch. And, because I've absolutely always wanted one of these, it ended up in my shopping basket as well:

















A mini glue gun! I can't wait to try it out on some fabric flower brooches I've been making. I know a lot of crafters are either pro glue guns or completely against them, but I rather like the idea of being able to securely attach something with glue before stitching for decoration.

After a day of fasting for Yom Kippur, I aim to sit in front of the TV tonight and merrily stitch away the rest of the stripes on the balloon. I'm looking forward to all of the colourful stripes and patterns on the top!

You Might Also Like

0 comments