A few of my favourite things

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

First, my Wednesday WIP: the Olive Shawlette. I have a love/hate relationship with this bit of the project. I was watching a movie last weekend and merrily knitting away, and I didn't notice that my very last lace repeat didn't match up. Not at all.

I had to go back and unknit five rows. Five mega rows. Over 300 stitches per row. Yes, I could have pulled the stitches out and tried to pick them up, but with twists and turns and slipped stitches and loops and yarn overs, well. It just wasn't worth the risk.


And then, my screenprinting progress. We've tried out lots of different methods, colours, paints and inks. This is my most recent screenprinting project. Do you recognise the butterfly in the middle? That lovely thick linen is destined to be printed with a lovely white pattern repeat later this week, and then made up into a pillow case and an assortment of zippy purses. 


Oat Cookies. I added chopped walnuts and fruit mix to this batch. Yum.


Flowers in a milk jug on my table. It's spring, I keep reminding myself - even though it's raining outside and the skies are completely grey.


My new work toy: a Silhouette Cameo. I love it already, although I haven't had an awful lot of time trying it out. Soon, my pretty. 


And just one more. A lovely friend of mine sent me this beautiful rose quartz necklace all the way from South Africa. It came with a whole box of goodies. You know when someone just gets you? THAT.

You Might Also Like

0 comments