WIP Wednesday: Moroccan Cushion

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I've been doing a lot of Christmas Crafting (pictures to follow) - and I don't know how, but I also managed to find time to stitch up my Moroccan Cross-Stitch Cushion.

It's not quite done. In fact, this is the second time I have stitched it up this week.



I wasn't paying a lot of attention the first time around. I sewed up the side panels : brilliant! I sewed the side panels to the bottom : brilliant! And then I realised that I would have to do some sneaky seam stitching on the top of the cushion where it would be visible to all : not brilliant. I tried it out though, and sure enough, I didn't love it. It had to come out.

So, I ripped it all out and sewed it all up again - even the side panels.



You can see it's not over-stuffed and presses down quite easily, and I think I learnt a valuable lesson about stuffing this week. Stuff it until you think you have enough and then check that the seams line up. If they do, then stuff it some more. After sewing this up the first time, I realised straight away that it was too soft and definitely needed more stuffing. I'm pressing down on the top of the cushion in the photo above, and I really want it to provide some resistance...

So, after re-stuffing and re-sewing the cushion, I'm about to add about half a bag more of stuffing and then whip the side seams closed. It has already found a use in it's half-done state: it currently is a beautiful pedestal for our TV remote control. The Mister has dedicated this Moroccan Cross Stitch Cushion as an intricately detailed shrine to the TV gods. Sigh.

You Might Also Like

0 comments