Giant Crochet Doughnuts ala Twinkie Chan

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Everything is better supersized. And with sprinkles.


I made these for Isla's birthday, even though it's still a month away. They're the most wonderful and enormous crochet doughnuts, made using Twinkie Chan's pattern (you can find it online here).

I made them using Paintbox Aran yarn. I don't love this yarn as much as I did when I started using it, my project has completely stretched on the inside, and there is undyed white fibre showing through the yarn twists. 


On the upside, Finnlay adores them and the children are giving them a lot of use - they make excellent shoes, I'm told, and Finnlay tried to eat one.


Such a quick and easy make, and fun for the kids to get involved in the process too - choosing colours, stuffing (oh the stuffing! The best and messiest half hour spent EVER) and of course playing afterwards too. Crafting win.

You Might Also Like

2 comments